The 8-Hour Diet
by David Zinczenko, Peter Moore
After conducting extensive research at the Salk Institute and the National Institute on Aging, poring over copious amounts of new research in intermittent fasting, and engaging 2,000 people for a test panel, bestselling authors David Zinczenko and Peter Moore determined that people can lose remarkable amounts of weight eating the foods they like best—as long as they eat within a set 8-hour time period. Fasting is, of course, an ancient spiritual and health practice, but it’s also a way to sidestep many of the ills of the modern world—including diabetes, heart disease, and cognitive impairment.
Zinczenko and Moore demonstrate how simply observing this timed-eating strategy, even just three days a week, will reset your metabolism so that you can enter fat-burning mode first thing in the morning—and stay there all day long. And by focusing on eight critical, nutrient-rich Powerfoods, you can build in a second layer of protection against Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and even the common cold.
In the book, you will find motivating strategies, delicious recipes, and an 8-minute workout routine to maximize calorie burn. The 8-Hour Diet promises to strip away unwanted pounds and give you the focus and willpower you need to reach your goals for weight loss and life.
The 4-hour Chef
by Timothy Ferriss
The 4-Hour Chef isn’t just a cookbook. It’s a choose-your-own-adventure guide to the world of rapid learning.
#1 New York Times bestselling author (and lifelong non-cook) Tim Ferriss takes you from Manhattan to Okinawa, and from Silicon Valley to Calcutta, unearthing the secrets of the world’s fastest learners and greatest chefs. Ferriss uses cooking to explain “meta-learning,” a step-by-step process that can be used to master anything, whether searing steak or shooting 3-pointers in basketball. That is the real “recipe” of The 4-Hour Chef.
You’ll train inside the kitchen for everything outside the kitchen. Featuring tips and tricks from chess prodigies, world-renowned chefs, pro athletes, master sommeliers, super models, and everyone in between, this “cookbook for people who don’t buy cookbooks” is a guide to mastering cooking and life.
The 4-Hour Chef is a five-stop journey through the art and science of learning:
1. META-LEARNING. Before you learn to cook, you must learn to learn. META charts the path to doubling your learning potential.
2. THE DOMESTIC. DOM is where you learn the building blocks of cooking. These are the ABCs (techniques) that can take you from Dr, Seuss to Shakespeare.
3. THE WILD. Becoming a master student requires self-sufficiency in all things. WILD teaches you to hunt, forage, and survive.
4. THE SCIENTIST. SCI is the mad scientist and modernist painter wrapped into one. This is where you rediscover whimsy and wonder.
5. THE PROFESSIONAL. Swaraj, a term usually associated with Mahatma Gandhi, can be translated as “self-rule.” In PRO, we’ll look at how the best in the world become the best in the world, and how you can chart your own path far beyond this book.
The 4-Hour Workweek
by Timothy Ferriss
controversial Princeton University guest lecturer, he might answer:
“I race motorcycles in Europe.”
“I ski in the Andes.”
“I scuba dive in Panama.”
“I dance tango in Buenos Aires.”
He has spent more than five years learning the secrets of the New Rich, a fast-growing subculture who has abandoned the “deferred-life plan” and instead mastered the new currencies—time and mobility—to create luxury lifestyles in the here and now.
Whether you are an overworked employee or an entrepreneur trapped in your own business, this book is the compass for a new and revolutionary world. Join Tim Ferriss as he teaches you:
• How to outsource your life to overseas virtual assistants for $5 per hour and do whatever you want
• How blue-chip escape artists travel the world without quitting their jobs
• How to eliminate 50% of your work in 48 hours using the principles of a forgotten Italian economist
• How to trade a long-haul career for short work bursts and freuent “mini-retirements”
• What the crucial difference is between absolute and relative income
• How to train your boss to value performance over presence, or kill your job (or company) if it’s beyond repair
• What automated cash-flow “muses” are and how to create one in 2 to 4 weeks
• How to cultivate selective ignorance—and create time—with a low-information diet
• What the management secrets of Remote Control CEOs are
• How to get free housing worldwide and airfare at 50–80% off
• How to fill the void and create a meaningful life after removing work and the office
You can have it all—really.
From the Hardcover edition.
Introduction to 4 Hour Diet With 101 Recipes
by Andrea Sanchez
Tools of Titans
by Timothy Ferriss
From the author:
“For the last two years, I’ve interviewed more than 200 world-class performers for my podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show. The guests range from super celebs (Jamie Foxx, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.) and athletes (icons of powerlifting, gymnastics, surfing, etc.) to legendary Special Operations commanders and black-market biochemists. For most of my guests, it’s the first time they’ve agreed to a two-to-three-hour interview. This unusual depth has helped make The Tim Ferriss Show the first business/interview podcast to pass 100 million downloads.
“This book contains the distilled tools, tactics, and ‘inside baseball’ you won’t find anywhere else. It also includes new tips from past guests, and life lessons from new ‘guests’ you haven’t met.
“What makes the show different is a relentless focus on actionable details. This is reflected in the questions. For example: What do these people do in the first sixty minutes of each morning? What do their workout routines look like, and why? What books have they gifted most to other people? What are the biggest wastes of time for novices in their field? What supplements do they take on a daily basis?
“I don’t view myself as an interviewer. I view myself as an experimenter. If I can’t test something and replicate results in the messy reality of everyday life, I’m not interested.
“Everything within these pages has been vetted, explored, and applied to my own life in some fashion. I’ve used dozens of the tactics and philosophies in high-stakes negotiations, high-risk environments, or large business dealings. The lessons have made me millions of dollars and saved me years of wasted effort and frustration.
“I created this book, my ultimate notebook of high-leverage tools, for myself. It’s changed my life, and I hope the same for you.”
The Warrior Diet
by Ori Hofmekler
Drawing on both scientific studies and historical data, Hofmekler argues that robust health and a lean, strong body can best be achieved by mimicking the classical warrior mode of cycling—working and eating sparingly (undereating) during the day and filling up at night. Specific elements from the Warrior Diet Nutritional Program (finding ideal fuel foods and food combinations to reduce body fat) to the Controlled Fatigue Training Program (promoting strength, speed, and resilience to fatigue through special drills), literally reshape body and mind. Individual chapters cover warrior meals and recipes; sex drive, potency, and animal magnetism; as well as personalizing the diet for women. Featuring forewords by Fit for Life author Harvey Diamond and Fat That Kills author Dr. Udo Erasmus, The Warrior Diet shows readers weary of fad diets how to attain enduring vigor, explosive strength, a better appearance, and increased vitality and health.
Tribe of Mentors
by Timothy Ferriss
From the author:
In 2017, several of my close friends died in rapid succession. It was a very hard year, as it was for many people.
It was also a stark reminder that time is our scarcest, non-renewable resource.
With a renewed sense of urgency, I began asking myself many questions:
Were my goals my own, or simply what I thought I should want?
How much of life had I missed from underplanning or overplanning?
How could I be kinder to myself?
How could I better say “no” to the trivial many to better say “yes” to the critical few?
How could I best reassess my priorities and my purpose in this world?
To find answers, I reached out to the most impressive world-class performers in the world, ranging from wunderkinds in their 20s to icons in their 70s and 80s. No stone was left unturned.
This book contains their answers—practical and tactical advice from mentors who have found solutions. Whether you want to 10x your results, get unstuck, or reinvent yourself, someone else has traveled a similar path and taken notes.
This book, Tribe of Mentors, includes many of the people I grew up viewing as idols or demi-gods. Less than 10% have been on my podcast (The Tim Ferriss Show, more than 200 million downloads), making this a brand-new playbook of playbooks.
No matter your challenge or opportunity, something in these pages can help.
Among other things, you will learn:
• More than 50 morning routines—both for the early riser and those who struggle to get out of bed.
• How TED curator Chris Anderson realized that the best way to get things done is to let go.
• The best purchases of $100 or less (you’ll never have to think about the right gift again).
• How to overcome failure and bounce back towards success.
• Why Humans of New York creator Brandon Stanton believes that the best art will always be the riskiest.
• How to meditate and be more mindful (and not just for those that find it easy).
• Why tennis champion Maria Sharapova believe that “losing makes you think in ways victories can’t.”
• How to truly achieve work-life balance (and why most people tell you it isn’t realistic).
• How billionaire Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz transformed the way he engages with difficult situations to reduce suffering.
• Ways to thrive (and survive) the overwhelming amount of information you process every day.
• How to achieve clarity on your purpose and assess your priorities.
• And much more.
This reference book, which I wrote for myself, has already changed my life. I certainly hope the same for you.
I wish you luck as you forge your own path.
All the best,
The Shangri-La Diet
by Seth Roberts
Imagine a diet that’s as easy as “a spoonful of sugar” (or extra-light olive oil) twice a day. A diet that actually reduces appetite and cravings. A diet that’s based on a wealth of scientific findings but is simple enough for anyone to stick to. A diet with results that amaze almost everyone who tries it.
Psychology professor Seth Roberts asks a simple question most weight-loss experts haven’t thought to tackle: What makes people hungry? Based on a new understanding of how the human body regulates hunger, The Shangri-La Diet presents a strikingly simple and surprisingly effective way to lose weight-without giving up favorite foods.
Simple and counterintuitive, this extraordinary new diet is changing the way the world thinks about weight loss-one success story at a time.
One Hour Power Diet
by Cliff Thomas
Awareness is the key to change—and changing your habits is the proven method for long-term weight loss, improving and maintaining your health, and getting your body back in balance. As a surgeon, Cliff Thomas brings decades of wisdom and experience to this helpful guide that aims to put you back in control.
The type and volume of foods you consume, and the frequency of your eating, affects how you feel and perform every day. By teaching you how to listen to your body and the messages it sends you, One Hour Power Diet gives you a new level of awareness—and a game-changing perspective that can transform the way you think, feel, and eat.
The Cruise Control Diet
by Jorge Cruise
Timing is everything when it comes to losing weight. Or, as celebrity trainer Jorge Cruise explains: When we eat is as important as what we eat. Building on the scientifically proven but hard-to-sustain day-on, day-off technique known as “intermittent fasting,” Cruise has developed a revolutionary masterplan that simplifies your calendar and eliminates between-meal hunger. He divides every day into two easy-to-remember nutritional zones: a 16-hour evening and overnight “burn zone” (semi-fasting) followed by an 8-hour “boost zone” (eating). Ingeniously, his plan also includes “bumper foods” that can be consumed in either zone—around the clock—to keep you satiated and burning fat throughout. You’ll never be hungry if you don’t really ever have to fully fast! Backed by the very latest research and client-tested for optimal results, The Cruise Control Diet unlocks the key to dramatic results with
• recipes for deliciously unexpected boost zone foods, such as Portobello Mini Pizzas, Zoodle Spaghetti & Meatballs, Sheet Pan Salmon & Asparagus, and even Almond Butter Cookies
• high-fat, no-sugar burn-zone recipes for craving-quenching foods like Double Chocolate Fudge Mousse and Vanilla Chai Tea Latte
• weekly menus and handy grocery lists to take the guess work out of the equation
• candid testimonials from Cruise’s clients and test-panel participants
• an optional burn-zone exercise program with instructional photos
With The Cruise Control Diet you’ll automate your diet and finally conquer weight loss forever!
Featuring a foreword by Brooke Burke and an introduction by Jason Fung, M.D.
Praise for Jorge Cruise
“Jorge gets it right. His recipes make eating smart easy. I recommend them highly.”—Andrew Weil, M.D., #1 New York Times bestselling author of Why Our Health Matters
“Jorge knows how to make weight loss simple and easy without feeling hungry.”—Tyra Banks, model, actress, CEO, and New York Times bestselling author
“Recipes from my friend Jorge Cruise—where healthy food meets great flavor.”—Emeril Lagasse, chef, restaurateur, and New York Times bestselling author