Gout Diet the Purine Myth
by Rose Scott
Gout and You
by Spiro Koulouris
The Gout Cookbook & Diet Guide
by Monika Shah
This book has been specifically designed and written for people who have been suffering with Gout and seriously strive to heal and cure it with the help of a healthy, low purine and effective homemade diet. Apart from taking medications prescribed by the doctor, it is extremely important to eat the right and low purine diet to maintain the right purine levels in the body to help reduce Gout attacks.
Let’s take a closer look on what this book has to offer:
- The Gout Disease Cookbook: The cookbook has 85 healthy homemade & low purine recipes which are designed especially for people with Gout. The recipes in the book have been designed using very simple ingredients that people use in their kitchen every day or can find in the grocery stores very easily. These recipes are further categorized into Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Salads, Dips, Snacks, Drinks and Desserts.
The whole purpose of these recipes is to make sure that the person with Gout enjoys life without compromising the taste of the real food. Each recipe in this book has easy to find ingredients and steps with accurate serving sizes. You will find recipes which can be eaten daily or on occasions without even compromising with health a bit.
- The Gout Disease Diet Guide: The primary focus of this part of the book is to guide you on what kind of diet and foods you must eat if you have Gout. This section comes with a huge list of 224 foods along with their purine levels. These foods have been further categorized into three different lists, Foods highest in Purine, Foods Moderately High in Purine and Foods Lowest in Purine. These organized lists will help you identify the foods that you should be eating and avoiding.
- The Gout Prevention & Cure Guide: This part of the book not only helps you with the preventive measures but also to heal and cure gout using various tested and proven natural home-based remedies, therapies, oil treatments and other methods. This dedicated part of the book will help you with an effective management of Gout disease and live pain free.
Tags: Gout, Gout Cookbook, Gout Diet Cookbook, Gout Diet, Gout Diet Guide
Goodbye to Gout: A New Gout Diet
by Rose Scott
by Victor Konshin
The Gout Diet & Cookbook
by Kenneth Martin
by Carl Preston
Gout & Other Crystal Arthropathies E-Book
by Robert Terkeltaub
Gout and Other Crystal Arthropathies, by Dr. Robert Terkeltaub, presents the state-of-the-art, clinically-focused coverage you need to manage these increasingly prevalent diseases. Diagnose the full range of crystal arthropathies—including pseudogout, intercritical gout, hyperuricemia, and gouty arthritis—and treat your patients effectively with discussions of recently-approved drugs like Uloric and those currently under review, such as Kristexxa and Colcryst. With coverage of the latest therapies, preventions, and imaging studies, along with access to the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource is ideal for any physician who diagnoses, treats, and manages gout and crystal-induced arthropathies.
- Stay current on recent developments such as uricosuric therapy and inhibitor therapy; gout flare prophylaxis and colchicines; ultrasound in the diagnosis of crystal deposition diseases; imaging of gout, CPPD, and hydroxyapatitie deposition diseases; and uricase therapy of gout.
- Manage the full range of crystal arthropathies with 25 clinically-focused chapters on pseudogout, intercritical gout, hyperuricemia, gouty arthritis, and more.
- Treat your patients effectively using the latest information on drug treatments, from the recently-approved Uloric to Kristexx and Colcryst, which are still under review.
The Gout Book
by John English
How Not to Die
by Michael Greger, M.D., FACLM, Gene Stone
From the physician behind the wildly popular NutritionFacts website, How Not to Die reveals the groundbreaking scientific evidence behind the only diet that can prevent and reverse many of the causes of disease-related death.
The vast majority of premature deaths can be prevented through simple changes in diet and lifestyle. In How Not to Die, Dr. Michael Greger, the internationally-renowned nutrition expert, physician, and founder of NutritionFacts.org, examines the fifteen top causes of premature death in America-heart disease, various cancers, diabetes, Parkinson’s, high blood pressure, and more-and explains how nutritional and lifestyle interventions can sometimes trump prescription pills and other pharmaceutical and surgical approaches, freeing us to live healthier lives.
The simple truth is that most doctors are good at treating acute illnesses but bad at preventing chronic disease. The fifteen leading causes of death claim the lives of 1.6 million Americans annually. This doesn’t have to be the case. By following Dr. Greger’s advice, all of it backed up by strong scientific evidence, you will learn which foods to eat and which lifestyle changes to make to live longer.
History of prostate cancer in your family? Put down that glass of milk and add flaxseed to your diet whenever you can. Have high blood pressure? Hibiscus tea can work better than a leading hypertensive drug-and without the side effects. Fighting off liver disease? Drinking coffee can reduce liver inflammation. Battling breast cancer? Consuming soy is associated with prolonged survival. Worried about heart disease (the number 1 killer in the United States)? Switch to a whole-food, plant-based diet, which has been repeatedly shown not just to prevent the disease but often stop it in its tracks.
In addition to showing what to eat to help treat the top fifteen causes of death, How Not to Die includes Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen -a checklist of the twelve foods we should consume every day.Full of practical, actionable advice and surprising, cutting edge nutritional science, these doctor’s orders are just what we need to live longer, healthier lives.